Monday, July 7, 2014

jepegdesign blog reboot


Hey bloggees,

First off, I want to apologize for the lack of blog posts (I just check the blog and realized that the last one was over seven months ago...) YIKES!  A lot has happened during that time...

NEWLOCATION
Since we moved to Knoxville, we have been living in a small 960 square footish town house.  In April, we began our search for a more permanent home.  After praying and searching, we found a fantastic 1,400 square foot home with everything we wanted (YAH!).  What's great is that it feels like a Florida house in Tennessee.  Definitely makes us feel more at home.  This space will allow us to entertain and have a more suitable spot to have guest (as opposed to tight quarters and a leaky air mattress).


NEWCHALLENGES
Last November marked the one year anniversary of me joining the highresolutions team in Knoxville.  The job definitely brings its fair share of challenges.  Projects range from Newspaper Ads and Flyers, to Banners and Wall Murals.  I was even considered for a design project for the classic rock band, Kansas (but more on that in a later post :-).

Outside of work are the new challenges of  being a home owner and learning this new chapter in our lives.  We've experienced the loss of a good friend (which we found out about during our house hunt).  More recently, we found out that our pastor, Tom Craig, has been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer (you can find out more about it here).  It's tough, considering how close Tom and his wife, Kim are to Jen and I.  Hopefully, we (and hopefully this blog) can be of some help to them.


NEWDIRECTION
Initially, when I started this blog, I wanted it to be a go-to place for designers to find helpful links, great tips, and useful advice.  What I'm realizing is there are a couple of issues with the current blog.

1. Length:  I'm realizing that my blog posts might be a bit lengthy (thus in resulting in me procrastinating on posting blogs). Plus, when it comes to design blogs in general, they seem a little lengthy.

2. Purpose: To be honest, the focus has been what "I" can give to others. This site needs to be more focused on someone else, the reader (yes, that includes you on the iPhone in the corner).

So what's the plan?  Well, for starters, the blog posts will be shorter and more concise (so that way, you can read it quickly and come away with something useful). Also, I want to shift the focus more toward you, the reader.  I'll still share personal advice and thoughts that can hopefully be handy to you.  However, it won't be for the sake of "Hey, look at me and all I know."  I want to be that good friend that can give you some good advice and cares about you.  I hope you can give me that chance.

Hope you join me on this new chapter of the jepegdesign blog.  SeeYA! Bloggees!


Photo Credit: http://unsplash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment